namur

Magasin :
    haute fidélité

Possibilité de déplacement ?
    Oui

Envoi postal possible ?
    Non

Commentaires additionnels

je vend un lecteur cd HAUT DE GAMME de la marque california audio lab CL-15 CD prix neuf a sa sortie 1700€
    etat neuf

Oops! Looks like that page no longer exists.   You can head to the homepage here, or check out out Table of Contents here.  

california audio labs
    CL-15 CD player
    as reviewed by Sherman Hong, Victor Chavira, Francisco Duran, and Larry Cox

SHERMAN HONG'S SYSTEM:
    LOUDSPEAKERS
    ProAc Response 3.5.
    ELECTRONICS
    Accuphase DP-55 CD player direct to an Accuphase DP-550 amplifier.
    CABLES
    Acrotec 6N-2030 and 6N-2050 interconnects, 8N-1080 speaker cables, LAT power cords.

I awaited the California Audio Labs CL-15 player-processor with great anticipation. Eons ago, I was so enthralled with the CAL Genesis CD player that I almost bought it, but my lust was more powerful than my check book. Therefore, I looked forward to putting the newest CAL through its paces. The CL-15 uses dual 20 bit co-linear PCM 1702 chips, with 8X oversampling and the ubiquitous Pacific Microsonic HDCD filter chip. For $1695 one gets variable volume control and HDCD digital input, encased in a 17x5x15.25-inch chassis weighing almost 19 pounds! The CL-15's appearance is simple and industrial. Cosmetically, my reference Accuphase DP-75 is like a Rolls Royce compared to the CL-15’s Yugo. However, the Accuphase is not HDCD capable. I anticipated an interesting comparison between a mid-priced and a state-of-the-art CD player.
    Two words come to mind in summarizing CAL CL-15: politely competent! The presentation was full of detail, smooth, melodious, and non-fatiguing. The player upholds the fine tradition of its predecessors. Yet the CL-15 is by no means an end-all-be-all in digital playback. Incipient to this analysis was Marvin the Album by Frente. During the "Bizarre Love Triangle" track, the soundstage became flatter than the Accuphase’s. The images of Frente and her guitar were precise, though slightly diminutive. Space around her voice was not palpable, as it is with my reference player. Frente's voice became somewhat nasal, congested, and veiled. Her light, soft voice was heavy and thick. Her gasping was less discernible. Lyrics curdled instead of being crystal clear. Guitar strings coagulated instead of being distinct. Strings were boxy, dull, dense, and restricted. Air and metallic luster were absent in the high frequencies. The lessening in resolution caused a decline in ambiance within this recording. As a result, Frente’s natural liveliness was all but extinguished.
    With Joshua Redman’s Freedom in the Grove, on the other hand, the CL-15 really started to boogie. Bass was authoritatively full and rhythmically satisfying on the track Hide and Seek. The lower frequencies, while not subterranean, nevertheless struck with impeccable pace. Spatial delineation and the contrast between bass and drum were less exact, yet liberated. Cymbals lacked a certain splash. The piano solo was more up front and abstruse, with the piano moved approximately 2 feet forward from its usual setting. Redman's saxophone reverberated less, with a slight loss in bloom. Notes tapered quickly, and possessed a nasal quality. Instruments imaged precisely within the soundstage, which was not at all compressed. Nevertheless, it was more difficult to hear the air around each performer, and the overall presentation was slightly flat. Overall, I found the CL-15 more "hi-fi" sounding than my Accuphase player.
    I thought it would be interesting to use the HDCD recording of Antiphone Blues with Arne Dominerus for the last comparison, as the Accuphase is HDCD chip-less. While the performance gap between the two players was dramatically narrowed in reproducing this recording, the DP-75 is still premier analog when compared to the CL-15’s proficient digital. The CAL was much more laid back in presentation, although with excellent resolution, focus, and separation, and a quiet background. Slight nuances of the saxophone were easily detected. On the other hand, hall ambience and instrument separation were better captured by the Accuphase, with a more relaxed sensation and superior dimensionality. The Accuphase still exceeds the CAL player. As Dick Olsher stated, "organic whole-ness" is the essence of the Accuphase. Whil;e listening with HDCD recordings does bridge the gap between the two players, HDCD is not and will never be a viable format for the high-end community.
    It may seem that I wasn't too enthusiastic about the CL-15. Nothing can be further from the truth. One can acquire quite a bit of performance with the CL-15 for just $1695. The player provided exquisite hours of unruffled, soothing music. With variable output as a standard option, one can also save money by avoiding the use of a preamp and extra interconnects. I only wish to have a CD changer worthy of the CL-15. I guess I'll have to wait.
    Sherman Hong
    Dernière modification par rotten, 08 mars 2009, 21h38.

vendu merci

Commentaire

Chargement...
    X